Cranberry Black Walnut Fudge
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 package vanilla chips
one 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups coarsely chopped Heartland Nuts Black Walnuts (toasted)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- In a heavy sauce pan, bring sugar, sour cream, and butter to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook and stir until soft ball stage (234 F candy thermometer), about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chips, marshmallow creme, and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in black walnuts and cranberries.
- Pour in a 8″ or 9″ greased, foil-lined pan.
- Cool at room temperature, or can be put in refrigerator.
- Once cool, cut into squares and store in air-tight container in refrigerator.
Yield: about 3 pounds.